Bahnhofplatz is the square in front of the main train station, and goes from Bahnhofquai to Gessnerallee.
The blue plate translates as follows: "Hotel Schweizerhof. Built in two steps in 1877 and 1881, as a hotel, by Heinrich Honegger-Naef (1843-1907) and Julius Bosshard (1849-1924). Drastic alterations in 1908 and 1930 for the hotel business in the ground floor and mezzanine by the architects Otto Pfleghard (1869-1958) and Max Haefeli (1869-1941) as well as Otto Honegger (1876-1934). The sandstone façade of the imposing building demonstrate the architecture of the posh hotel in neo-renaissance style, with caryatids over the giant order, and mark the entrance of the Bahnhofstrasse boulevard with towerlike corner avant-corps. Façade under historical protection since 1978."
Railway main station, with the statue of Albert Escher in front of it.